POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : WARNING: #exec and safety : Re: WARNING: #exec and safety Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WARNING: #exec and safety
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 20 Oct 1999 15:10:00
Message: <380E13A6.2D08E62E@xs4all.nl>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
>
>   It's very difficult to achieve this kind of prompting with ANSI C.

I don't think that'd very good of ANSI C then ;)

>   It also would be extremely tedious if you would need to answer to a
> prompt every time you render your own scene.

The way it is now with the filesaving in the Windows version seems like a good
way. When rendering a file you're prompted whether you want to save the changes
(while at the same time it will overwrite any file you made changes to at the
moment you want to change it under another name - but that's another topic). At
that point you can choose to disable that prompt for the duration of that
session. I must admit that it is a bit tedious at times but on the other hand
it's a safety measure.

Come to think of it: how about an overal 'condom'-mode?

Remco